Reservations or Questions: 1.800.465.1098

Ontario Canada Travel & Passport Information


In facilitating for strengthening both U.S. and Canada border security – all travelers are required to present proof of citizenship with photo identification (Passport) for all land and air travel into Canada and the U.S.

If you don’t yet have a Passport, here is how you obtain one:
1.  Apply for a passport at many post offices around the country.  For an additional $15 fee, your passport photo may be taken at some of these offices as well.

2. Or visit one of these helpful Websites:

3.  Or contact the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778.

Border Crossing Information

To assist you with your fishing vacation plans, we are pleased to provide these details regarding crossing the border:

  • Please check our Travel Advisory section for updated Information.
  • Be sure to have a valid driver’s license, vehicle registrations and insurance forms.
  • When being interviewed by a Customs Officer, be sure to declare ALL goods you are bringing into Canada. If you are traveling with your own children and you are accompanied by your spouse, ensure you bring their birth certificates. If you are traveling with a child other than your own or without your spouse, have the child’s identification as well as a letter of permission, including name and contact information for that child’s parents or from your spouse in case Customs Officers want to verify you have permission to bring the child into Canada.
  • Alcohol: If you meet the age requirements of the province or territory where you enter Canada (19 years old in Ontario), you are allowed to bring in, free of duty and taxes, either 1.5 litres of wine, or 1.14 litres (40 oz.) of liquor, or 24×355 millilitres (12 oz) cans or bottles of beer or ale.
  • Tobacco: If you meet the age requirements of the province or territory where you enter Canada (19 years old in Ontario), you are allowed to bring the following amounts of tobacco without paying duty: up to 200 cigarettes, 50 cigars, 200 grams (7 oz.) of manufactured tobacco and 200 tobacco sticks. You may bring in additional quantities, but you must pay duties and taxes on the excess amount.
  • You cannot bring certain foods or goods into Ontario including: Live bait such as minnow or leeches, stun guns, mace, handguns or restricted weapons such as fully automatic firearms,  firewood or radar detectors.
  • Visit Canadian Food Inspection Agency for regulations regarding allowable food product updates.
  • Visit the Customs Border Services website for additional information prior to your departure.
  • If you are bringing fish or game home, it is important to follow the Ontario regulations closely. Keep your Fishing or Hunting Licence, Tags, Outdoor Cards, or any Permits on you and available for Customs to check.  Wrap game to specifications. Wrap one fish per package, and pack only the number of legal fish per person in the vehicle. If you are with a large group and have more than 1 vehicle, you need to transport the limits in the said vehicle for the number of people in that vehicle.

Information for Residents Returning to the United States

Residents returning the United States are allowed to bring back the following provided they were in Canada for at least 48 hours:

  • $400.00 U.S. worth of merchandise per person duty free every 30 days. Families may combine their $400.00 exemptions.
  • If you have stayed for less than 48 hours or if you have used part or all of your $400.00 allowance in the previous 30 days the limit is $200.00 U.S.

Chicago : Two Prudential Plaza, 180 North Stetson Ave., Ste. 2400, Chicago, IL, 60601
Phone: 312-616-1860
Minneapolis: 701 4th Ave. South, 9th Floor, Minneapolis, MN, 55415-1899
Phone: 612-333-4641

Fort Frances, ON Canada, Phone: 807-274-3655
International Falls, MN U.S.A., Phone: 218-283-2541

Whether you fly, drive or do both getting here is so easy!