If you’re interested in enjoying the excellent fishing that Ontario has to offer, there are all kinds of guided fishing trips that you can take. You can fish for northern pike, smallmouth bass, muskie, lake trout, and more. But there’s nothing like taking a guided walleye trip to Ontario. Here are some reasons that you should consider booking a guided walleye fishing trip today.
You can find walleye in most of the lakes in Ontario.
When you visit Ontario to fish, you shouldn’t have much trouble tracking down walleye. They’re located in most of the major lakes located throughout the area. You can find them in Lac Seul, Minnitaki Lake, Abram Lake, Pelican Lake, and more. The key is to find the best places to reel in trophy walleyes, which is where your guide will come in. They can show you where to drop your line in to get the best results.
You can challenge yourself by fishing for walleye.
When you’re on a guided fishing trip in Ontario, you’ll have ample opportunities to reel in fresh walleye. One of the keys to success is using light tackle when fishing for walleye along with clear fishing line. You also want to be able to feel the bottom of whichever lake you’re fishing in so that you can jig for walleyes effectively.
At the end of a long day out on the lake, you want to be able to reward yourself with some tasty fish. Walleye are known to be some of the most buttery tasting and “melt in your mouth” fish around. Many anglers who book guide walleye fishing trips enjoy a fresh walleye shore lunch each day, and for many, a fresh walleye shore lunch is the best part of their trip.
Do you want to experience walleye fishing in Ontario for yourself? Anderson’s Lodge would love to host you and take you out on a guided walleye fishing trip. You’ll be able to see why so many people enjoy fishing for walleye in this part of Canada. Call us at 800-465-1098 today to make a reservation.
Few things are more memorable and enjoyable than a successful fishing trip. While going fishing is almost always a wonderful stress reliever, the experience of a successful fishing trip is second to none.
One of the best places in North America to take a fishing trip to is Ontario, Canada. Let’s take a look at a few reasons why you should consider an Ontario fishing package for your next fishing trip.
There are many lakes in Ontario to fish on.
Unlike other fishing expeditions, you need not worry about the monotony of fishing on the same water and in the same areas, day after day. For example, customers of Anderson’s Lodge have the opportunity to fish on several different lakes and their connected waterways, providing you new opportunities to reel a big one in.
You have an opportunity to fish for a variety of species.
Ontario is home to an assortment of fish species, including the following:
- Walleye. Fresh Walleye are renowned for their tenderness and tastiness, making them a hit with fishermen of all experience levels. Walleye in Ontario range from 15 to 27’’ and you can fish trophy Walleye on Lac Seul, which is highly rated, as well as Minnitaki lake. If you’re looking for smaller, fresh Walleye you can enjoy right away, then Abram and Pelican Lakes may be your best option.
- Northern Pike. Northern Pike are robust fish that measure between 25-35’’, though plenty have been caught that measured in over 40’’! Although they’re often confused for Muskies, the Northern Pike’s telling point row are a row of pores under their jaw of sharp teeth. Since they’re a predator fish, they serve as a great challenge for anglers due to their tenacity and energy. Because they’re such a great wrestling match, they’re a very desirable trophy for anglers!
- Smallmouth Bass. Don’t let their smallish mouths fool you; Smallmouth Bass are 14-18’’ in length, and some have been over 20’’, making them a great catch! Smallmouth Bass are known for their hard pulls and for being intense fighters, making it a gratifying experience for anglers who successfully reel them in. Smallmouth Bass are in many southern region lakes in our area, including both Big and Little Vermillion, Minnitaki, and Lac Seul.
- Muskie Fishing. Did you know you can reel in some Muskies as long as 50+ inches? As you might expect from a fish at the top of their food chain, Muskies are elusive and scrappy. They have sharp teeth, and will put a fight, making a trophy catch all the more memorable! In our Ontario fishing area, Lac Seul is highly regarded for having a wonderful Live Release Muskellunge fishing. Moreover, these fish are also present in Little Vermillion, Closs, Cedarbough, Maskinonge, and Hooch Lakes.
- Lake Trout Fishing. Trout in Ontario are often found in secluded areas of the water, and their size is dependent on which lake you’re fishing on. For example, on Minnitaki, there has been fish over 30 pounds reeled in, though most range from 12 to 18lbs. Smaller trout are found on Big Vermillion, and the trout populations are stable, providing anglers with ample opportunities.
As you can see, there are a variety of fish for you to chase after, depending on your preferences when you fish in Ontario.
A Chance for Rest and Relaxation
Is there anything more relaxing than fishing out on the water? This is especially true when you go on an Ontario fishing trip; our peaceful, tranquil waters are perfect for when you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. What’s more, when you’re not on the water, you can enjoy the breath of fresh air and scenic views that only natural forests can provide.
And when you fish with Anderson’s Lodge, you’ll, also be able to enjoy hospitable accommodations that will make you feel like you’re right at home when you retreat for the night and rest for another adventurous day on the water.
If you need help deciding which fishing package is best for you, contact us today.